There are various ways in which you can order your regular medicines including:
- On line via the link at the top of this page: if you are not already registered for online services, please speak to reception on how to register.
- Handing in the white tear off part of your repeat prescription to the Practice, identifying which medicines you require. We have two red post boxes for repeat prescription requests, one situated on the ground floor in the Health Centre foyer, near the lifts and the other red box is on the wall in Densham Surgery waiting area. These boxes are emptied at the end of every working day.
- Posting a prescription request.
- Get the NHS App to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet including ordering your repeat medications.
Please note the Practice does not accept repeat prescription orders by telephone.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.